Friday, July 10, 2015

Water Stories: Barry Jordan









Barry Jordan
August, GA
Rachio user for 3 months




Q. What led you to purchase your Rachio Iro?
A. I wanted to save resources and have a beautiful lawn. I was just guessing before. Now I feel like I'm getting personal advice from a professional landscaper.



Q. How has the Iro changed your lawn/ landscape?
A. I've seen areas of stress on my lawn "green up." But more importantly, Rachio is always working for me. I don't have to think about whether or not I should or should not adjust my sprinkler system every few months, only to find that after I increased it, it rained 3 times in a week! Rachio is always watching out for my lawn.

Q. Where is the best place you have controlled your Iro from?
A. Work. We had some landscaping done and needed some sprinkler heads added to our system, so we had a guy come to the house. Since my wife and I were both gone that day, we didn't feel like leaving the garage door open for him (and anyone else) to wander in. He called me at work to let me know he was done and he would "just have to come back tomorrow and turn the system on to check it." I let him know I could do that for him now. Since I work on a computer and have Rachio saved as a favorite site, I was able to open the page the minute he called. He was amazed at how I was able to instantly turn on the zone he needed. It only took 2 minutes to ensure everything was correct! (He had a lot of questions about the Iro, which I was happy to answer for him.)

Q. What is your favorite feature of the Rachio app or webapp?
A. The analytic reports. I love seeing how many gallons of water I'm saving just by having the Rachio (almost 4000 gallons this month alone).



Q. How has owning an Iro enhanced your understanding of your water use?
A. I feel I've learned a lot about my yard. I never had the interest or saw the need to do a simple soil test, for example, and was surprised to find that my soil was the exact opposite type that I thought it was. This only cost me a few minutes of my time and was well worth it.

If you would like to be featured on rachio.com for your water story, we'd love to hear from you. Just fill out this survey, and we'll be in touch!

Thanks to Barry for being our inaugural water story!

No comments:

Post a Comment